Sunday, September 16, 2012

Replace Cabin A/C Filter

I never replace the A/C filter which is located under the front drawer compartment since bought this Giant. 



The bad smell inside the cabin is caused by dirty A/C filter.
Take out the filter from its casing. The filter is dirty, black in color.








I bought a new filter. Cost me RM26. Much lower quality but i want to try it anyway since this part is not a safety part and is considered cheap enough for me. The paper material is soften than OEM. Actually, used to survey the filter at Autobacs Klang Sentral last week. Priced at RM165, branded PIAA. Must be a good quality in term of filtering a dust & material, but to me its very expensive. Can`t afford the filter. Below, photos of filter which i bought at one of my favourite spare part shop at Batu Pahat this morning.










The OEM filter (dirty) vs new filter.
















4 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that you are getting thoughts from this article as well as from our discussion made at this time.
    Take a look at my web site - furnace Filter reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu'alaikum wrt wbt Tuan

    Very interesting to follow your articles. Keep it up!

    I just changed my A/C filter just like you did, and it cost me RM60 inclusive of labor.

    Original Denso A/C filter with part no. 145530-0730.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fr yr feedback,
      Will try denso filter..
      Tqvm

      Delete
  3. Please share address spare part shop at batu pahat. Tq

    ReplyDelete