Saturday, February 15, 2014

Replace Key-Housing

Mine already cracked at several spot and could be opened anytime.
Only aware about it when my youngest son ran onto me while bitting the chip (detached from housing).
(nasib baik..anak aku tak telan daa)

Went to TESCO Kota Bharu.
Inside there, there is a shop, ermmm actually not a permanent shop but beside the escalator.
Originally, RM90 to make a key with housing, but i just said
"Errmm tepat lain nih dale lape puloh jah ni"... but i gave him the key anyway to duplicate and replace the broken housing.
He gave the the balance - RM20...huhuhu.. (menjadi taktik aku).

Just for information, our Alphard come with immobilizer.
Duplicated key cannot start the engine but can open our car as well.
So, it important to make sure that Alphard's key and spare key are not missing.
When buying an Alphard, insist to received at least 2 keys (main + spare key).
Only those key can ignite the engine legally.
Heard that duplicate the key with the chip will cost around RM800.















1 comment:

  1. My girlfriend is infamous for losing keys. If there is only one bit of advice I have for you, it is to make sure that you always have a spare key for your car. Last year, she borrowed my car and somehow lost my keys. I then had to do the same thing as you and get a spare made. It starts my engine and opens my doors, but the headache of getting it was enormous.

    ReplyDelete